Wednesday 2 March 2016

Sweet Coconut-Cherry Couscous

I tried a different variant of sweet couscous last week and was reasonably pleased with the results. As I mentioned in that post though, I did find the orange zest a little too assertive. I kind of drowned out everything else plus left a bit of a bitter taste which required quite a lot of honey to balance out. It might be interesting to try with marmalade sometime to see if that gives a nice orange-y-ness without being quite so bitter. This time though, I decided to go a different route entirely and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with the outcome!

Coconut-Cherry Couscous
~225g couscous
125g dried cranberries and raisins
1/4 c. dried coconut (I'd probably do 6 Tbsp. next time)
15-20 pitted sweet cherries, halved
750mL milk
cherry yogurt
honey

1. Combine couscous, cranberries, raisins, coconut, and cherries in a large bowl.
2. Bring milk just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and pour over couscous.
3. Give couscous a stir, then let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Serve topped with yogurt and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment