Wednesday 7 January 2015

I-Forgot-to-Buy-Salsa Salsa

This is what happens when I decide that I want quesadillas for lunch only to realize that I never restocked on salsa after using up the last jar in my black bean soup. I was trying to throw something together really quickly while the froglet was taking a nap, so I wasn't about to run out and get more salsa.

This isn't much of a recipe; more of a stir-thnigs-together-in-a-bowl-until-it-looks-tasty but, simple as it seems, I just wanted to jot it down here in case I ever want to try to make it again. (And, based on how well it worked in my quesadilla today, I think I will!)

Simple Salsa
1 (14 oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce + 2 Tbsp. sauce, chopped
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2-3 Tbsp. dehydrated onion
1/2 c. frozen corn

1. Dump everything into a bowl and stir together. Enjoy with a quesadilla or nachos!

And, there you have it! Simple as simple an be, but quite delicious. The chipotles add a lovely smokiness and the adobo sauce really does most of the rest of the work for you. The corn provides some textural contrast as well as balancing sweetness. It all works out rather well!

No comments:

Post a Comment